Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring Break

I'm on spring break this week! It is a much needed break to get myself ready for the remainder of the school year. I just wish I was laying on a beach somewhere or doing something exciting. This week has been very low key. Yesterday, I did go with a friend to the Mall of Georgia up in Atlanta. I can't believe that I did not spend a penny! Well, except for breakfast and lunch - I did not buy a thing! Today, I got my first two Netflix DVD's in the mail. That was very exciting. It's the first time I've tried Netflix. I got Night at the Museum and The Ultimate Gift. Night at the Museum was interesting. It was better than I thought it was going to be, but not the greatest. I don't think I would watch it again. I haven't watched the Ultimate Gift yet...well, actually I watched the last part of it at a friends house on Sunday night, so I ordered it so I could see the first part. What I've seen so far was really good, so I'm excited to see the first part of it. I went to my friend's used book store today to get some more books for my classroom. She had a spring break special for 50% off, so I was able to purchase quite a bit of chapter books and even talked my mom into buy a bunch for me too. Then, before I left, my friend, the owner gave me two whole bags full of Sweet Valley High books. Okay...now why would I want Sweet Valley High books? I loved these books growing up. I wouldn't get rid of any of them and I thought it would be fun to have some more. I probably won't read them, but they are fun to have. Maybe I will...who knows. I got confirmation yesterday that I will not be going to Camp Wabanna this summer. I thought maybe I would, but I know that staying home is the best thing for me this summer. It will give me time to relax and really get prepared for the next school year, if I don't try to do something else. Hopefully, I will get to visit at some point. Well...that's about it for today. Hopefully soon I will figure this thing out and get some pictures and a better background up.

No comments: