Sunday, April 13, 2008

Carrying the Weight

Well, tonite I was just sitting here reading a little from my Sunday School book and I just wasn't getting into anything that I was reading. I didn't even know what I was reading about or understanding. So, I just put the book down and got out another devotional book that I try to read from a few times a week. It's My Upmost for His Highest book that is adapted for students. I work in the youth at church and its a book that our youth leader gave the kids. It's Oswald Chamber's book in todays language, I guess you could say. Today's devotional was called Carrying the Weight. It goes like this (and I'm quoting this straight from the book)...
Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Imagine you are moving into a college dorm. your best friend has given you a reclining chair, but the only way to get it up the stairs and into your room is if you ask your friend to help you carry it. Many of the loads we carry in life are our own creations. It's incredible how many ways we find to mess up our lives. Now many of the weights we carry are given to us by God. But God will never give you more than you can carry. The amazing thing is that when God gives us a load, he will help us carry it. God does not expect you to carry your burdens alone.

We all have burdens. Choose one. Be specific and ask God's help in carrying it. He will lift one end and you can take the other. It's a partnership. God will not let you carry it alone if you ask for his help.

I had a pretty good weekend!! There were a few exciting things that went on. I do have a burden though, that I won't go into on here, but I just need to give it to God and ask him to help me handle it in the right way. Part of me just wants to handle it myself and just lash out, but I know that would be the wrong thing to do.

So...i'll close, but not before I wish my good buddy, April a Happy 31st Birthday!!! I hope you had a great day today and I'm so thankful for getting to know you the past two summers!!! Love ya, girl!!!

1 comment:

Gina said...

So exciting. I have much catching up to do!