Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Not doing such a good job...

with this blogging thing. I keep forgetting to sign on. Maybe one day, i'll get into a better habit of writing on here. I sure am in the habit of checking my facebook and myspace multiple times a day. I would say its a bad addiction i have. I was even thinking of trying to stay off of them for a week. I don't know if I could do it!! Sometimes, I just sit here on my bed, laptop in my lap, t.v. on, going back and forth like something new is going to pop up on one of the sites. It's so bad!!! Anyway...i had a pretty good day. I had to go to the funeral home tonight. I hate going to funeral homes. One of my former first graders (who is now a 7th grader) dad was killed in a motorcycle accident on sunday. It was just awful. My mom and I stood in line at the funeral home for an hour! If I had not seen someone I knew who was really close to the family, we would have stood there probably another hour. But thankfully, she said to come with her and she took us in. I couldn't believe the amount of people that were there! It was in the hundreds!! So, I bought this book last night when I was at Sam's. I had to have an eye exam...the first one in over 10 years. I have been having these things they call floaters. It looks like gnats flying in front of my face, but its something in my eyes. So, I had them checked out. He dialated my eyes, so for a few hours I couldn't see a thing! Everything was so blurry. Thankfully, my friend Joge went with me up there or I wouldn't have been able to drive home. So, back to the book...with Joge's help bc I couldn't read anything...we found this book called Mistaken Identity that I had been wanting to purchase. It's such a good book. It's about this wreck a few years ago where the identities of these two girls were mixed up...one died and the other lived. This family sat beside the bedside of a girl in the hospital they thought was their daughter only to find out that there daughter was dead and they had been taking care of someone else's child. Anyway...you will have to check it out. I took it home and when I was able to see again, I started reading and couldn't put the book down until around 11:30. Finally, I made myself put it down so i could go to sleep. I read about 15 chapters...then I took the book to school and every chance I got on a break today, I read. When I got home from school, I had one chapter left. I finished the book in less than 24 hours which is amazing for me, because I am not a big reader. I think that is a record...I just couldn't put it down. The testimony that these families had and their love for the Lord was amazing!!! Want to read an amazing story...get this book.

No comments: