Saturday, April 5, 2008

Just one more day....

I only have one more day until my spring break is officially over. If summer break is going to be like my spring break, then I am in trouble. It was a pretty boring, rainy week. Two days, i know I stayed in my pajamas until at least 2:00 p.m. I did a little bit of shopping, a lot of sleeping and since I joined Netflix this week, I've watched a lot of movies. I got Alvin and the Chipmunks in the mail today. Why I even ordered this dvd, i don't know. It was just stupid. I loved the chipmunks growing up, but this just wasn't even good to me. I went to downtown Macon this evening with my friends, Jon and Joge. We went to the Cox Capitol Theatre to watch National Treasure: Book of Secrets. The cool thing about this theatre is that it is very old and it doesn't have theatre seating...it has tables and chairs set up and you order pizza and eat it while you watch the movie. It was really neat and different. I'm sure there are theatres like this everywhere, but i've never gone. The Cherry Blossom Festival has also been going on this week, but the rain has cancelled a lot of the activities. Last weekend, I did get to go down to the Lawnmower races, which was actually kinda funny. It was fun taking my Yankee friends to what seems like a Southern Redneck activity. Last nite, several of my aunts and uncles came over for a fish fry and one of my aunts and uncles spent the nite. It's always fun having them here. We stayed up really late playing Mexican Train - a dominoes game for those who are wondering. Like I said, the weather has been really rainy and stormy here the past few days. We woke up this morning to 7 trees down in our yard - one laying across the dog pen. Poor Socks probably had a heart attack last nite with all the trees falling around her. We were suppose to have our first softball game today, but it got rained out too!! Oh well, maybe next week will be better!!

No comments: