Sunday, August 17, 2008

Planes and Car Wrecks

Hey there blogging world! I just finished my first full week of school with my little 2nd graders and it wasn't too bad of a week. I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things. I'm so tired daily and the past two weekends have been spent pretty much sleeping! But, I did have a pretty eventul weekend this weekend in between my napping. Yesterday, I had to get up early and head to the Macon Airport and I got to go up into a Sesna (not sure of the spelling) plane. It was a little 4 seater plane. I flew from Macon to Dublin which is about a 35 mile flight. It was all part of this Civil Air Patrol program that we had at school last year. About 9 of us teachers went up in these planes yesterday. I rode in the back on the way to Dublin and then on the way back, I got to ride in the front with the pilot and while I was up there, I got to actually fly the plane. I did a 360 degree turn in the air. It was very nerve racking, but it was fun. I was more interested in looking at everything on the ground rather than learning about all the controls and everything. So...i did that and then went home and pretty much slept until my mom and I headed to Walmart. Then, on the way home about a mile from my house I was just sitting there getting ready to pull out onto a road when this dude plows into the back of me. I have never been in a wreck before, so I was pretty shaken up. He hit me pretty hard and my poor car's pretty smashed up in the back. The bumper is hanging off and the muffler is dragging the ground. The guys car is worse than mine...the front of his car is all smashed up. I think I was more upset that my car was messed up because I have had this car for 8 years and barely a scratch was on it and now...people comment on how my car still looks new and good! Not anymore! So, now I have no car for who knows how long. Hopefully, I'll get a rental until mine is fixed. Well, I better, bc I will just die if I have to drive the Crown Victoria!

Well, its Sunday. I didn't make it to Sunday School. I think that Nyquil Cough medicine really knocked me out! I couldn't get out of bed. I did go to Church...a little stiff and sore from the accident, but feeling okay! Went to Zaxbys after church with a few friends and then came home to sleep and watch the Olympics...which by the way...Michael Phelps is awesome. I have really enjoyed watching him swim. He is so fast! Gymnastics have been good too, but I haven't been able to watch them all because they are on so late! I just couldn't hang!!! Well, thats about all for my weekend. I'm headed off to church in a few hours! Hope your weekend was a good one!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah, his teacher is Marnie Farr. How do you know her? I never know if I'm supposed to answer people's questions on my blog or theirs. Ya know. Oh well, I guess either way is OK. Hope you're not too stiff from your accident.

cottage girl said...

I can't believe that you are teaching already! Sorry about the accident. Glad you are okay!