Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm back...

but no promises on being faithful everyday to blog like some of my good buddies. I will try though. School has started back...ugh! Well, the kids come on Wednesday. I cannot believe that summer flew by so fast! Summer break is just too short. I sure hope the rumors I hear about starting later next year are true. For one, its just too hot to be in school! And...when I had to start back JULY 31st...I knew something was wrong. That is just wrong. Starting school and July just do not go together in the same sentence. Maybe I'll post some pictures soon showing you my classroom. It is rather cute, I must say!

Like, I said summer break was short! It started off with a few weeks off and me wondering what in the world I was going to do to keep from being bored out of my mind. Now, I'm not complaining by no means about having two months off. My past two summers have been spent in Maryland working at the best place...Camp Wabanna. This summer, i was only going to be able to spend two weeks there. So...i did nothing for two weeks until it was time to go to camp. I was in the kitchen again this summer with almost all new staff and a new manager. It was hard work and usually I extend my stay for a few days and never come home when I plan too, but this year I came home on time. I was so tired and worn out! I think I was ready to come home, but still was going to miss it. My flight home couldn't have been any more perfect...everything left on time and I got to Atlanta on time. My luggage was coming out as I got down to baggage claim and as soon as I walked out the door, my mom pulled up and I jumped in the car. Now that was WAY different than my plane ride to Maryland! My flight was delayed for about 2 1/2 hours...i had to pay about $40 extra for my luggage (which by the way, I didn't have to pay on the way home...hmm...i had the same stuff)...i had to wait an hour on my luggage at baggage claim. I was so frustrated. But, the flight home really made up for it.

So, I got home and celebrated the 4th of July with about 45 family members at my house. It was a fun day!! We even played some Cornhole! My brother, sis in law and nephews were here for several days and I got to spend so much time playing with them.

About a week later, I was able to go to panama city beach with my other family, the Howards! We had a great time! I was suppose to go back a week later with my brother and his family, but my dad had back surgery, so I felt like I needed to stay home and help my mom out with taking care of my dad.

I pretty much stayed home with my dad the last week or two of vacation so my mom could work. I didn't do a whole lot. Then, on July 31st, I started back! It's been the most frustrating start of a school year ever. It seems like we haven't had anything that we needed. It's just been a hard start. I'm just ready for the first day with kids to be over with! Then, i think everything will be better. I always dread the first day. I wish we could just skip over that!

I went to the Braves game this past Saturday night. Steven Curtis Chapman was in concert afterwards. It was really good and really informal and I liked that. It was just a real personal concert. He talked the whole time about Maria and really sang only about 5 songs. It was really good. I used to be a huge SCC fan...i haven't listened to him a whole lot in thepast few years, but I'm excited about his new stuff. I can't wait to get his newest album. I've been meaning to get it!!

Well, thats about all from my summer! Hope it hasn't been too boring for you!!! Hope the rest of your summer is exciting!!!

No comments: